Sunday 29 April 2012

Visit by Love That Book

Prana Writers Meetings
On the 27th April 2012 it was my turn to organise/run the meeting for the Prana Writers.
Amanda presented two talks. One was Creating Our Bio's which was very interesting as I am looking at doing one for myself.
The second talk was about the 10 steps to writing an opening scence. Which is very useful when an author gets a blank page.

Tom then gave a talk about the Theory of Comedy which is interesting because I would like to write comedy but I'm not a funny person and so I don't write funny.

After lunch we were very fortunate to have Benette from Love That Book, an independant book store, accepted our invertation to talk to us.
Benette from Love That Book
Her talk was very interesting about how authors can get their books into a book store and what happens to it afterwards. It gave us all a lot to think about.

We also had to say a type of goodbye to one of our memebers/friend in that Bridgette and family are leaving to live in Figi for a couple of years. She still wants to keep in touch online but we will all miss her.
Bridgette (holding cake) and us.
We will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment