Sunday 22 July 2018

Illustration of a Forest

Illustrations for my book The Gribble's Gift.

The illustrating of book is an individual thing. I do not consider myself an illustrator, even though others do. To me an illustrator can make drama, emotion, action come alive on the page. I am not able to do that but even though I can not I seem to be able to do something. And something is better than nothing.

First, I have decided to pay for a professional artist to do my front cover. That is a story in itself and I won't bother telling it here. So I decided to concentrate on the internal images.

I am presenting you with the final version, the last of twenty-one versions, of of an image of one of my characters walking along a branch in a huge ancient forest. Hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment