Saturday 25 June 2011

The Mudgeeraba Show on the Gold Coast - 2011

Well I'm going to be at the Mudgeeraba Show (on the Gold Coast) this weekend. It starts today and I am hoping to give out hundreds of fliers to let everyone know about my new blog.

This will be the 4th year that I've been at the show exhibiting my miniature models. Last year I was placed inside the craft hall rather than being on the covered veranda. I had placed a display on a long thin raised platform and so this year I expected the same thing. This turned out not to be so. When I arrived I found that the stage had been enlarged. This was really a good thing from my point of view. Last year there really was not enough space for me, my model and the people who wanted to look at it. Now I've placed the table on the edge of the corner and people can stand, safely, on the floor and look in. Children will have to be picked up but I can't have everything.
This year I also have a couple of my art dolls with me, especially the one based on Van Craig which I love.

Well I've got to go and I'll let you know how it goes and put on some photos.

Well the first day is done and dusted at the Mudgeeraba Show. I had a great day at the Mudgeeraba Show. A lot of people interested in my miniature models. Lots of people taking my fliers. Some people even promising to send me stuff. Unfortunately I don't get too excited about all that as a lot of people have good intentions but it takes a lot for people to actually put that into action. This is why when people do actually give me something I send them one of the twelve gift cards that I have created out of the pictures that were taken by Boyd Luadaka (an award winning photographer and a very good musician and singer to boot).

Many people interested in my miniature modelsPeople like to take photos & ask lots of questions about my miniature models

I suppose I should see about putting those gift cards on this blog. That would be a thing to do. Um.
Anyway back to business. I had a lot of people asking if I sold my models and children asking if I would bring them to their schools.
I did actually do that once. I was asked by the Silkwood Independant School in Nerang to bring my miniature models along. The children were most amused. Each child went home with a gourd seed or two.
See you tomorrow at the Mudgeeraba Show on the Gold Coast.

The second day at the - Mudgeeraba Show.
A Macrame hanger displayed at the ShowImage shows some of my Doll Art and Embrodiery Boxes
One of my macrame hangers
(beautiful quilts in the background made by some amazing people, not me)


This image shows a couple of my miniature models
Well what a day. I've have met some really interesting people doing amazing things. There are so many clever people out there.
I'm pleased that lots of people like my miniature models. They asked lots of questions about gourds and how I made the models. How long they took, where did I get the ideas. I even had a couple of my dolls there. This has been my fouth year at the Mudgeeraba Gold Coast Show and I have enjoyed it as I have every other year.

No comments:

Post a Comment