Thursday 19 January 2012

How Is My Story Going You May Well Ask

I am pleased to announce that I have received my story back from having its grammar checked. I am now re-hashing it. I have not seen the beginning of my story for many months and I am glad that only a small amount of it needed to be changed due to the changes in comas and fullstops and added suggestions.
I have twenty seven chapters to go through and I have reviewed them all and I am now waiting to go away for three weeks.
When I review a chapter I am only looking at it from that chapters point of view. When all twenty seven are done THEN I will read the book from one end to the next as a whole. I will then be able to pick out any flaws and see if any of the flows are not working.
When I go away for a few weeks I will be working on the emotion of the total book. I believe I have most of this all sorted but I just want to be sure. I'm very fortunate to able to go and sit down at Philip Island with the penguins for eight days and just read the story out to loud and MAKE sure I have all the emotion and emphasis that I can create at this time in my writing career. I've decided to get a voice recorder so that I can listen to what I am saying just in case I say something I can not remember. I don't like using these machines but I think it is necessary and I should stop being so precious.
I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment